incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Getting permission to use OpenOffice Trademarks (draft)
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 17:38:30 GMT
On Nov 19, 2011 4:52 PM, "Dave Fisher" <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> I think the Team OOo situation involving Fundraising that confuses brand
ownership requires some additional rules.

Fundraising that confuses brand ownership would probably not be approved by
trademarks.

That isn't to say fundraising is not allowed, just not in a brand confusing
way.

Ross

> If a trademark is used in association with an entity's fundraising
activity then it must be clear on the entity's material that

> (1) the user can choose to donate to the ASF - with an appropriate link
that we choose.

> (2) that donations to the entity have nothing to do with the ASF, AOO,
and OpenOffice.org.

> (A big reason to donate to the ASF is that Infrastructure costs money and
openoffice.org is supported on Apache Infrastructure.)