incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]+[VOTE] Trademark and Branding
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 22:36:53 GMT
On 17 November 2011 22:19, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:33:30 +0000
> Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>
>> It would help if someone told them they can post here without
>> subscribing and read responses via the archives (which is more
>> than can be said for the forums which force one to register,
>> ironic isn't it?)
>
> The OpenOffice.org Forum allows one to read and search fully
> without requiring registration.  Reistration is required if one
> wants to post; this requirement is for two reasons

I didn't mean to complain about the policy of requiring registration to post.

I was simply pointing out the that people were complaining about not
being able to post to ooo-dev without subscribing which is false and
we should make sure they know.

I find it amusing that these incorrect complaints were posted on a
forum which *does* require registration to post. By observing the
irony I was not intending to complain.

Ross

Ross