incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] easier access for N-L sites during staging process
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 23:20:11 GMT
OK, the status of things right now--

1. There is a new home page entry on
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/

so folks can at least navigate to the N-L sites page. This is NOT deemed to
be a "final" of anything just an easy access mechanism. I didn't even try
to deal with the style issues on the home page and merge what I did or make
new styles for this one additional item.

2. There is no problem button for any of the sites. I see there is another
conversation devoted entirely to what to do with them currently, so maybe
some of the "problems" should be addressed in that thread instead.

3. We have svn copies of the some sites by the sites are NOT displaying.
This could be due to the incorrect document charsets or some other issues
-- non-UNIX line terminators. These sites will need to be hand edited or
redone in some way. These sites are:

sq, bre, et, fur, hi, lo, lv, mk,pap

4. The following sites we do not have in the svn repository for some reason
(my initial bulk svn load failed and I didn't notice or redo them I guess),
and will need to be re-pulled:

hy, he ,ps, ro,  ta, tet, bo, uk

5. The following sites we have but are missing index.html pages, so what
you see is what you get:

ku, ml

My first priorities in dealing with the N-L sites are to re-pull the
missing entities -- #4, then deal with the "problem" areas #3 and maybe #5.

I FINALLY found a quick and easy way to publish the staging repository (one
you make changes to the the svn they go to:
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/)

by going to this page:

https://cms.apache.org/

and clicking on the "Publish ooo-site link"

Using the webgui for changes and publishing really isn't my cup of tea. I
like using my Eclipse svn environment.

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <
> dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
>
>> ++++++1
>>
>> A little tuning, for what it is worth:
>>
>> It is not necessary to subscribe to any of these lists in order to ask
>> for help.  They will be moderated in.
>>
>> It might be nice if the mailto: entry specified a subject that would let
>> us know it is from the request link though.  That would emphasize that the
>> requester is probably not subscribed and a direct CC: on any response is
>> called for.
>>

> yes, of course...
>

>> Also, ooo-users might be a better target than ooo-dev.
>>

> Why? These would be people reporting problems with the staging web site,
> not the product ????
>

>> And, if within-site relative URLs are used for some cross-references,
>> they will work when the cut-over happens as if they were always links to
>> http:// *.openoffice.org URLs.  That way it is never necessary to expose
>> ooo-site.apache.org addresses.  (Cross references to the podling site
>> are different, of course and they will hopefully all be redirected on
>> graduation.)
>>
>> At some point, it should be fixed so http://ooo-site.apache.orgredirects to
>> http://openoffice.org (even though the pages are actually created at
>> you-know-where, that can be made to work without looping [;<).  It can also
>> be arranged that http://ooo-site.apache.org/es/ is served up as
>> http://es.openoffice.org, etc.
>>

> yes, that is right...

MzK