incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The Old OOo Site
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:40:35 GMT
Louis et al --

I am re-doing a lot of what we've already got on --

http://ooo-site.apache.org

(changes may not yet be reflected because I haven't "republished" yet. See
staging site at: http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org )

because some of the initial copies weren't complete, so I may actually be
picking up a lot of these changes. I'm going back through the "Accepted
Projects" sites over this next week and hope to be finished by Nov 26.

Because of the way the current OOo svn is setup for these sites, it's
really difficult to track ongoing changes in a "bulk" fashion (as near as I
can tell). If there's some trick or tool that can be accessed to deal with
the "entire" tree at once, that would be super.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Louis--
>
> Good to know you're still around frankly! [?]
>
> Ditto Dave's response...if you just let up know what pages have been
> changed that would be great! We brought a great deal over, but, as we're
> discovering, much needs to be fine tuned and/or redone. I am actually
> working on the "old/new" site today! Hopefully it won't be too many and we
> can try a re-pull on a weekly basis or something.
>
> Or, as Rob suggests, file an issue with through the new BZ and include
> changed pages as attachments would be ideal so we make sure we have the
> changes barring any unforeseen outages.
>

> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

>> > There is not. We at OOo also had a high bar—OOo site was predicated on
>> > the Apache model, and that's no coincidence: Brian B. had a hand in
>> > both. However, personal info does creep in when people erroneously
>> > post their private information, such as phone numbers, to public
>> > lists, unaware—!!— just how public the lists are.
>> >
>> >  But this does happen, with mailing list archives, for

>> > Rob, you don't get just how naive some of the users of OOo are and how
>> > naive even those posting to the lists were. Perhaps you are unaware of
>> > how popular OOo remains? Few of these users would even know how to
>> > file an issue.

>> > I am referring to www.openoffice.org/ You have not answered the
>> > question—but I didn't think you could. The point is double:
>> >
>> > 1. Can I alter the old site, www.openoffice.org/
>>
>> Yes, but please keep us informed as a lot has been ported to
>> ooo-site.apache.org
>>
>> > 2. When will the old site fully migrate to the new, and when that
>> > happens, what sort of content control would I (or someone like me)
>> > have?
>>
>> The whole of the new site at ooo-site is under the Apache CMS and can be
>> edited with the webgui by a committer. Patches accepted from others.
>>
>> See the podling site for instructions. Others can give details as I have
>> to run.
>>
>> BR,
>> Dave
>>

>> > thanks
>> > louis

> --

> MzK
>
> "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged
>  by the way its animals are treated."
>                               -- Mohandas Gandhi

MzK