incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] easier access for N-L sites during staging process
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 22:22:29 GMT
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:14 PM, TJ Frazier <tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> On 11/3/2011 17:59, Dave Fisher wrote:
>

>> On Nov 3, 2011, at 2:39 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>
>>  I'm thinking of changing the links on:
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.apache.org/**projects/native-lang.html<http://ooo-site.apache.org/projects/native-lang.html>
>>>
>>> to the format we're using at the staging site--
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.apache.org/"**nl-abbreviation"
>>>
>>> and putting a link on the staging home page
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.apache.org
>>>
>>> to the revised http://ooo-site.apache.org/**projects/native-lang.html<http://ooo-site.apache.org/projects/native-lang.html>
>>> at the bottom of the menu with something called "Native Language
>>> Federation"
>>>
>>> to make it easier for folks to review the N-L sites.
>>>
>>> Due to the fact that we are now missing the navigating tabs on the
>>> staging
>>> site, we may want to deal with other areas like this as well for the time
>>> being until a more in-depth discussion is had. This is merely for
>>> checking
>>> content accuracy for the time being.
>>>
>>> Are there any problems with this suggestion?
>>>

>> +1000
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>

>>> I can probably get this done over the coming weekend sometime.
>>>
>>>  Kay,
>
> You might consider a new column, which would have either a constant like
> "Review" or "New site" (with new link), or be empty for "not moved yet". A
> sentence about "What do I do if I find a problem?" should be aimed at
> unsophisticated end-users.

Well the thing is the sites "are moved" in the sense that they're in the
svn repository for the staging site. I'm not exactly sure what Dave is
doing at the moment in terms of preparation to tell you the truth, but I'm
fairly certain we've got everything that could be had "svn-ing" what was
publicly known .

However, the  "What do I do if I find a problem?" link/page certainly has
merit. About the only thing I could suggest though is an e-mail to this
list (and they need to be subscibed first), and suggest an appropriate
subject title to them so we could spot these things easily. Would something
as simple as that work or what were you thinking?

> --
> /tj/

MzK

"This is no social crisis