incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The Old OOo Site
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 22:49:06 GMT
Hi Louis--

Good to know you're still around frankly! [?]

Ditto Dave's response...if you just let up know what pages have been
changed that would be great! We brought a great deal over, but, as we're
discovering, much needs to be fine tuned and/or redone. I am actually
working on the "old/new" site today! Hopefully it won't be too many and we
can try a re-pull on a weekly basis or something.

Or, as Rob suggests, file an issue with through the new BZ and include
changed pages as attachments would be ideal so we make sure we have the
changes barring any unforeseen outages.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2011, at 8:55 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
>
> > On 8 November 2011 11:49, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> >> Hopefully there is not a lot of personal information on the public
> >> website.
> >
> > There is not. We at OOo also had a high bar—OOo site was predicated on
> > the Apache model, and that's no coincidence: Brian B. had a hand in
> > both. However, personal info does creep in when people erroneously
> > post their private information, such as phone numbers, to public
> > lists, unaware—!!— just how public the lists are.
> >
> >  But this does happen, with mailing list archives, for
> >> example.  Apache has a policy for this.  It essentially sets a high
> >> bar for removing information from public archives:
> >>
> >> http://apache.org/foundation/public-archives.html
> >>
> >> For other information on the website, I'd recommend having them enter
> >> an issue in Bugzilla, classified as the "www" product.  Hopefully
> >> we'll be cutting over to the new Apache-hosted version of these pages
> >> soon, and we can apply requested changes then.
> >
> > Rob, you don't get just how naive some of the users of OOo are and how
> > naive even those posting to the lists were. Perhaps you are unaware of
> > how popular OOo remains? Few of these users would even know how to
> > file an issue.
> >

> >> Of course, if there is something of a truly urgent nature, then
> >> escalate that, via ooo-private if appropriate.
> >
> > I am referring to www.openoffice.org/ You have not answered the
> > question—but I didn't think you could. The point is double:
> >
> > 1. Can I alter the old site, www.openoffice.org/
>
> Yes, but please keep us informed as a lot has been ported to
> ooo-site.apache.org
>
> > 2. When will the old site fully migrate to the new, and when that
> > happens, what sort of content control would I (or someone like me)
> > have?
>
> The whole of the new site at ooo-site is under the Apache CMS and can be
> edited with the webgui by a committer. Patches accepted from others.
>
> See the podling site for instructions. Others can give details as I have
> to run.
>
> BR,
> Dave
>

> > thanks