incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject [GENERAL] status of legacy OOo site migration to ooo-site.apache.org
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 23:49:24 GMT
Folks--

I have been doing some cleanup/fixing of  the OOo legacy site as we're
transporting to ooo-site.apache.org.

The legacy site is QUITE large, and because of the more or less single
trunk we have now, much of what I'm doing will no doubt affect your local
repository sizes. So, if you do an update soon, you will definitely notice
this.

Nearly all of the legacy projects sites were incomplete with only one level
of information whereas most contain many sub-directories -- this is what
I'm trying to fix.

Monday and Tues, the following areas were fixed with the following sizes by
directory:

qa: 679M
api: 196M
documentation: 2.3G
dba: 37M
bibliographic: 48M

Hopefully by this coming Sunday, barring an unforeseen issues, I will also
"fix" (update) the following areas:
external: 1.6M
framework: 27M
graphics: 3.3M
gsl: 5.2M
ui: 571M
marketing: 1.6G
xml: 41M
ux: 170M
tools: 359M
udk: 69M
ucb: 864K
installation: 975M
lingucomponent: 11M
porting: 19M
sc: 80M
sw: 170K

I might suggest that if you are on a system that allows it, that you setup
svn  "ignores" for whatever areas you're not interested in and see if this
prevents "loading" to your local repository. Other than that, i don't have
any suggestions.

I know this is quite different than the very containized repositories we've
had in the past, so it might come as a bit of a shock.

Currently, although we have back-ups of the old "incubator" areas, I'm not
sure what we'll bedoing with them.

MzK

 by the way its animals are treated."
                              -- Mohandas Gandhi