incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:30:18 GMT
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:51 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2011, at 12:39 PM, Shane Curcuru wrote:
>
>> On 2011-11-16 3:26 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>>> Hi Martin;

>> Based on the very little bit of information provided here on the Apache lists, I
can't see how your plans would possibly be approved by the ASF.

>> Obviously, having more information about your plans, and being able to see your work
in the form of patches or commits to the AOO podling's Subversion tree would be a great start
to be able to do this kind of work.

>> So my first suggestion is to start doing some of the actual coding work here, on
the ooo-dev@ list.  Then, work with the podling to show the PPMC that this is a good idea,
and deserves to proceed together with the excellent progress the PPMC is making on the 3.4
release.

>> Then, if the PPMC has a clear consensus to work with such an interim release plan,
we can discuss any trademark, legal, or press/messaging questions you might have.

> What is difficult for me to understand is that both Stefan Taxhet and Martin Hollmichel
signed up as Initial
> Committers to the Apache project, but have never signed an iCLA.

What makes you think that?  See: http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html

--tim