incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kazunari Hirano <khir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 12:00:49 GMT
Hi Rob,

Thanks.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> Maybe think of it this way;  Kentucky Fried Chicken decided to rebrand
> itself as "KFC" because the wanted to deemphasize the "fried" part,
> for modern health-conscious consumers.  But that doesn't meant that
> anyone can go out and open a store and call it "Kentucky Friend
> Chicken".  Both trademarks continue to be enforced.
>
> (Do you have KFC in Japan?)

Yes, we have KFC in Japan.
http://www.kfc.co.jp/
We sometimes recognize "Kentucky Fried Chicken" and very few mouth it.
We often recognize "ケンタッキーフライドチキン" or "ケンタッキー" and mouth
it.
http://www20.big.or.jp/~nisiguti/store/kfc.html

We had "StarSuite," "スタースイート," in Japan.
http://thenetworkisthecomputer.com/site/?p=699
:)

Now does the ASF control use of "OpenOffice.org" trademark localized versions?
You can see some examples,
http://openoffice.exblog.jp/7629990/
[OOoCon Beijing Logo]  English version
        Simplified Chinese version