incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kazunari Hirano <>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 12:00:49 GMT
Hi Rob,

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Rob Weir <> wrote:
> Maybe think of it this way;  Kentucky Fried Chicken decided to rebrand
> itself as "KFC" because the wanted to deemphasize the "fried" part,
> for modern health-conscious consumers.  But that doesn't meant that
> anyone can go out and open a store and call it "Kentucky Friend
> Chicken".  Both trademarks continue to be enforced.
> (Do you have KFC in Japan?)

Yes, we have KFC in Japan.
We sometimes recognize "Kentucky Fried Chicken" and very few mouth it.
We often recognize "ケンタッキーフライドチキン" or "ケンタッキー" and mouth

We had "StarSuite," "スタースイート," in Japan.

Now does the ASF control use of "" trademark localized versions?
You can see some examples,
[OOoCon Beijing Logo]  English version
        Simplified Chinese version
Korean version         Khmer version