incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lo...@apache.org>
Subject Help Docs & Proprietary Documentation
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 20:19:00 GMT
During the last year of OOo @ Oracle, a lot of rather good material
was created to help/train users fresh (or forgetful) to OpenOffice.org
and Oracle Open Office. This material as created by Oracle was
proprietary: O owned it.

So, my query. What has become of it? It has little value, as far as I
can tell, for Oracle, at this point. But it would prove immensely
useful for many constituting the OOo (now AOO, I'd guess) ecosystem.
(Building that ecosystem was one of my primary tasks, and I like to
think I did fairly well at it.)

Does anyone know what happened to the material? And, if Apache now has
it, can we license it or simply permit it for ecosystem use under the
appropriate conditions and license? My preference would be to make all
training and educational material free (in all senses) and to
recuperate costs with actual services provided.

Thanks
Louis