incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lo...@apache.org>
Subject Hello again….
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 16:44:23 GMT
Hi all,
It's been quite a while, but I am coming out of lurking. I wanted to
see the new OOo community develop, and also had to get my own business
in order. Being intermittent in one's participation is not the best
strategy.

I've been keeping up with the discussions, and really have to applaud
the entire team, especially Rob and Dennis, whom I communicate with on
the ODF lists and calls, for their terrific public work on behalf of
the effort. Thanks.

And I'd like to help in that continuing process of communication.
There are a few obvious areas, I think. One is communicating to
would-be contributor companies which want to use trademarked
materials, such as the logo of OpenOffice.org, on their products;
another would be to further clarify how and where contributors can
work on, say, extensions, but also templates and localizations. And
then there's the ODF. We did this all—provide information—when OOo was
just getting going, and we continued doing it throughout its first
lifetime. Well….

Cheers,

Louis