incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hunspell dictionaries are not just words lists (+ other matters)
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 16:28:43 GMT
André,
Do we have an account of the difficulties encountered by the
localizers of OOo language packs and related data? As to Rob's point,
I think a relevant issue is that in translations such as those
required by localizations, the word chosen to translate the original
is an interpretation, and its quality (value) depends on the skill of
the localizer.

Or so I understand.

Louis