incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lsuarezpo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][WWW] Current Polish web site -- pl.openoffice.org
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 23:17:33 GMT
hi

On 10 November 2011 15:05, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <louis@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On 10 November 2011 12:40, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> I have noticed as each N-L project is ported that they are all unique. Each community
has made its own choices about what is in the "site".  At the ASF the PPMC must be responsible
for governing the project. We must find a way to be a global community, yet we also need to
follow a few rules.

>> I quite agree. The issue with us, was that we needed—or I felt we
>> needed—to grow exponentially, and fast. But at this point, I do
>> believe that autonomy is great, but autonomy without community is a
>> nonstarter, and a community only can sustain itself by agreeing to
>> core beliefs and practices. As we no longer have corporate overlords
>> here in Apache land, and as we really are a community driven thing, a
>> res publica, then I would suggest that one of our topmost orders of
>> business be the communal crafting and articulation and posting of a
>> manifesto—a declaration of identity within Apache—that gives guidance
>> as well as identity to Apache OO's members/contributors.
>>

> We will need to have a "charter" when we graduate:

yes.

> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution
>
> Maybe you want to start drafting that on the wiki?  Sure, graduation
> is a ways away, but there is no harm in having a scratchpad for
> recording ideas whenever anyone feels inspired.

Yes; that was the idea behind my idea: to have an idea all can
identify with or circle around (Think of my favourite Wallace Stevens
poem; sure you know it). (Sorry, it's near dinner time and blood sugar
be low.)

> -Rob
>

>> Cheers
>> louis