incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: content of the about dialog box
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:00:29 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 21, 2011, at 8:36 AM, Martin Hollmichel <martin.hollmichel@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 11/18/11 2:14 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> just stumbled over the about dialog box.
>>
>> Besides the logo on top + the name, version and build info the text box below contains
>>
>> ###
>> Copyright © 2000, 2011 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
>> This product was created by Oracle, based on OpenOffice.org.
>> OpenOffice.org acknowledges all community members, especially those mentioned at
>> http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html.
>> ###
>>
>> We have to find a new text for this box. Any ideas!
> I just added for 3.3.1 version a trademark notice, I think this also should make it in
the 3.4 tree.

> but I also wondered on how "OpenOffice.org acknowledges ..." is now the right term. Should
it now read as "Apache ack..." ? or "$(VENDOR) ack..." ?

>> And we still have the feature that when you press ctrl-s-d-t the dialog content start
scrolling to list a long list of names who have contributed to this project ... I think this
was always very much appreciated and should keep it. Or does anything be against it or prevent
it for whatever reason?
> In the past this was a duplication of work doing this for the about box plus the website.
From my experience you will forget every release some important names, so I'd suggest to exchange
tho long scrolling list to a link on the web,

I think that the list of names cannot include the names of any individuals who paid any amount
of money to put their name on that list.

Regards,
Dave