incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW][Policy] Participate! - Rewriting contributing.openoffice.org
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:30:41 GMT

On Nov 18, 2011, at 12:02 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> +1 on podling pages.

Someone needs to build and repurpose the podling pages. When they are ready we can request
the redirection from Apache Infra.

This can be done before the full site migration.

> Good catch.
>
> I think maybe contributing.openoffice.org should go away.  If it redirects, it should
be to an i.a.o page, but nuking it might be best of all.

> The places where there are links to it need to be renamed for Contributing to Apache
OpenOffice, unless it is better to link some to a wiki page that links to the many OO.o-peer
projects that would enjoy contributors.  I'm for that on the OpenOffice.org domain.

Peer projects might be here as well, or on a wiki. Policy about these links must be discussed
separately.

Regards,
Dave

> - Dennis

can have a permanent redirection wherever we decide. We can reduce all links to the old site
to the index of the new Participate Page(s).

> The c.oo.o site currently has the following categories.
>
> Programming
> Marketing
> Quality Assurance
> Graphics and Art
> Writing
> Helping Users
> User Experience
> Monetary Donations
> Language Communities
>
> I think most of the categories should be kept.
>
> There is also a guideline. This should be replaced with an introduction to the Apache
Way. There should be concrete examples of how users can find a ways to participate in the
project within each category.