incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [ISSUE] Shut-down of all name@ openoffice.org e-mail addresses
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 23:47:21 GMT
Hi Joe,

On Nov 1, 2011, at 3:43 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Actually you should know I'm the main
> guy who deals with the mail services
> at the ASF, so yeah considering my opinion
> as relevant might be wise ;-)

openoffice.org MX at ASF questions

(1) In hosting OOo MX will there be a need for any real mail boxes?

(2) Any trouble with double forwarders for securityteam@OO.o?

(3) There are currently about 330 MLs that the project would like to forward. Kay and Rob
are emailing these lists and informing about the new lists.

It would be good to have these ML forwarders exist as long as the ASF is handling OpenOffice.org
MLs.

(4) There are less than 100 PPMC/Committers. Some of them have their lives revolving around
their OOo forwarder.

Should we allow these trusted people to have their OOo email be forwarded. I would say to
their apache id, but I bet many people in the project have their apache id pointing at openoffice.org.
(There might be Apache committers unrelated to AOOo with their apache id forwarding to OOo.)

What do you think?

Does the size of groups (3) and (4) bother you if these are continued for a long time?

(5) There are identifiable and relatively large numbers of individuals with OOo in other systems
where we think it would be good to continue for some time measured in months. Rob has numbers
in the 40,000 or 80,000 range.

This would be phased out or terminated.

Does the initial size of (5) bother you?

Regards,
Dave