incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [WWW][Policy] Participate! - Rewriting contributing.openoffice.org
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:38:08 GMT
Hi,

Le 18 nov. 11 à 20:40, Dave Fisher a écrit :

> The site says "Participate" this what the pages describe and what
> the rewrite should be.
>
> The subdomain and OOo / Collabnet / Kenai project is contributing.
> contributing.openoffice.org can have a permanent redirection
> wherever we decide. We can reduce all links to the old site to the
> index of the new Participate Page(s).
>
> The c.oo.o site currently has the following categories.
> Programming
> Marketing
> Quality Assurance
> Graphics and Art
> Writing
> Helping Users
> User Experience
> Monetary Donations
> Language Communities
>
> I think most of the categories should be kept.

If I can, I'd add the Education Project : I think we shouldn't
neglect how to attract and mentor newcomers and young devs, and the
Education side.

Ask LibreOffice people:  they copied the Education Project methods
welcoming devs, introducing easy hacks, and there are very good results.

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə