incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [Code] strategy for "child works spaces"
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 09:12:26 GMT
Hi Mathias,

Le 19 nov. 11 à 22:55, Mathias Bauer a écrit :

> Am 19.11.2011 15:22, schrieb Pedro Giffuni:
>
>> I think we could use a SVN branch as a buffer to integrate CWSs
>> one by one; that way we don't interrupt current work and get to
>> try the CWSs before the tree changes too much
>> to make merging difficult.
>> Creating branches is very easy and any committer can do it. Is
>> there a way to get CWSs as diffs?
>

> You mean the existing ones from hg?
> We discussed that some weeks ago.

Sorry, I missed the discussion  :/

> I still prefer the conversion of a cws in single diffs, each one
> representing a single commit.

Me too.  That's the most efficient way to integrate a cws.

> It seems to be doable for most cws. For the ones we integrated, the
> diffs have been applied to the trunk, there's nothing that prevents
> that they could be
> applied to branches.

Are full diff existing somewhere ? Using Midnight Commander, that's
very easy for me to create single diffs (or adapt them to the current
code).
If not how to extract them (using hg I mean) ?  Would be great if
somebody could propose the generic command line allowing to extract one.
If already done, is there a location where such full diffs could be
downloaded. If not existing, we could create a subdir in the trunk,
containing the full diffs, and checkout them.

Once turned into single diffs, and after commiting them, we could
remove the full diffs, as "done".

Apologies if ever such process already started. In such case could
you remind me where we are today, or simply point me the right link.

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə