incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Shutdown of openoffice.org email forwarder: How to notify users
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 06:59:28 GMT

Also this: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Mailing+lists

> Regards,
> Dave
>
> On Nov 10, 2011, at 6:30 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> I'm concerned that there is some confusion of lists with the myname@ openoffice.org
ID/forwarding scheme.

of suggested alternatives at ooo-*@ i.a.o lists.

>> There has not been a comparable effort to notify the holders of myname@ openoffice.org
accounts that those accounts will soon cease to function as mail-forwarding accounts.

>> I think that one such avenue for such announcements is the currently-active lists@
openoffice.org, but perhaps with a simpler message that addresses demise of those forwarding
accounts specifically?

>> There's a different message that applies to the use of myname@ openoffice.org as
a CC or submitter or project-member identifier in Bugzilla.  There are probably others.  All
that needs to be sorted out as well.  I prefer those cases to be dealt with separately as
well.  No need to confuse those not impacted by those cases.