incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:38:40 GMT
Louis,

On Nov 15, 2011, at 10:37 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:

> Jim,
> I'd be happy to help draft this and promote it. As you may know, I've
> been wanting to send such a letter, anyway, and have independently
> been making efforts to communicate to the ecosystems (note plural).
>
> Further, as I was fairly instrumental  in setting many of these up and
> certainly in promoting them, I hope my effort would be helpful.

As I explore the N-L portions of the OOo website the diversity of and facets to this global
effort is amazing. You have played a huge role.

I think a summary / taxonomy of the real global ecosystem would be a helpful history to have
available to AOOo. Is this something you could start on the Wiki?

The N-L sites are an area where AOOo is on the cusp of deciding which ones to archive until
people show up and which ones have volunteers who wish to participate.

Regards,
Dave