incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Draft IP Review Plan for OpenOffice
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 09:00:39 GMT
Hi Andre,

Le 18 nov. 11 à 09:42, Andre Fischer a écrit :

> On 17.11.2011 21:30, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> There are some odd cases of abandonware having no authoritative
>> location for downloading and also having OpenOffice.org-applied
>> patches.  I think dmake is one of those.  I have no idea how that
>> ends up but I think it means dmake disappears as a build
>> prerequisite.
>
> I am currently working on removing the dmake sources.

How do things work on Mac OS X ?and Windows ? Shall we install a
"system one" using respectively Fink/Darwin port , Cygwin ?

>   There is another thread about this, but you can also have look at
> issue 118604 for the techincal details.  The basic idea is to use a
> pre-installed dmake executable by default.

FYI, OOo4Kids and OOoLight uses dmake too. Maybe this could help to
build on Mac OS X and on Windows probably ? (see below)

>   However, the user can provide a URL for a downloadable tar-ball,
> which then is downloaded and built in bootstrap.

Maybe a crazy idea, but what about download dmake sources from
Adullact repo ?

Try (in main) :  svn co svn://svn.adullact.net/svnroot/ooo4kids1/
trunk/dmake

The good is this dmake version is directly usable everywhere. The bad
is that you mix two svn sources (maybe not realistic ... ?)

Last but not least, Adullact is one big French non profit
association, working close to french administration, reliable and
with high ethical objectives. What about ask Adullact to host some
problematic sources ?

Regards,
Eric

--