incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [AOO 3.4 Test Plan Discussion]Overview
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:01:03 GMT
Hi Jürgen,

Le 23 nov. 11 à 11:30, Jürgen Schmidt a écrit :

>> The current step is :
>>
>> - IP clearance (not completed if I'm not wrong)
>> - fix build issues and see what disasters caused the removing of
>> important tools, like dmake and some other.
>
> yes and every helping hand is very much appreciated. I would really
> like to see more people working on this
>

>> Next one will probably be :
>>
>> - consolidate the build (on every OS)
> what do you mean here

Currently, code is removed, and every commit, we are not sure the
build can finish. I'd consider this as undefined / chaotic state,
that we need to consolidate.

>> - optimize configure command line
> again, can you explain what exactly do you mean

The configure command line uses to differ from one OS to another. For
a given OS, we need to define one "default" configure command line,
saying how to build the Official Apache OpenOffice.org, and
reproduce, as precisely as possible the same build (never possible, I
know).

This is the sense  of "optimized" I have in mind.

>> - optimize build dependencies for every OS
>> - find and welcome newcomers, and builders on every OS
> should be an ongoing effort

I think we have several volunteers around, indeed  :-)

>> As volunteer, I remember I stopped to commit any cws and to
>> contribute
>> directly to OpenOffice.org, because of excessive, stupid and
>> boring QA.
> well that's your personal view

Yes, it is.

> that i can't share and that we hopefully will not follow here.

No problem.

At the end of Oracle OpenOffice.org time, I remember 20% max of the
my devel time was learn the bug or the feature, write code and commit
it. And 80% of it was QA stuff,or whatever I didn't care, like click
the right blocking checkbox / button on EIS, being blocked, or redo
several times the same fail with bots, because the bot was broken, or
being blocked by other OS, not concerned by the cws itself :-) , or
something similar.

I think we should trash that, but I can perfectly understand people
disagree my point of view  :-)

Regards,
Eric

--