incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <rabas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 19:11:38 GMT
On Nov 24, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:

> --- On Thu, 11/24/11, Rob Weir <rabastus@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> In any case the project is not going to grind to a halt
>> every time you are unsure. If you think we are doing
>> something wrong then you need to back that with some
>> authority, a link to a policy statement or authoritative
>> interpretation.
>
> This attitude from you is hardly surprising because we all
> know you have all the answers :-P.

It is memory not attitude. I don't know all the answers, but I do know
the answers to questions that have already been asked and answered on
this list.

>> A number of us have already looked into this deeply,
>> discussed with mentors, etc on this list and
>> on legal-discuss. I don't expect that everyone followed
>> all of the discussions. But until you have, it us silly
>> to suggest that we're wrong.
>>

> Quoting some brilliant mind on this list:
>
> Do *you* have a proposal?

Indeed I do. I wrote it up last week on the wiki. I started a thread
to discuss it. At the time there were no objections. I invite you to
review and raise any concerns.

Read: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/IP+Plan+for+Apache+OpenOffice

Regards,

-Rob