incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Non-Apache maintenance release for OOo 3.3?
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 05:22:31 GMT
Hi

(Nonsense words? iPad's spellchecker.)

-- Louis Suárez-Potts

On 2011-11-18, at 16:42, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> I wouldn't even start considering a proposal from TOOo without changes to their website
where the ASF, Apache ownership of the OpenOffice.org trademark and Apache OO doesn't exist.
Where the whole OOo is in trouble if people don't give TOOo donations.

> This must change immediately.

I also agree. I would like to propose that there be a formal system whereby supporters of
the Apache development (OO) can be authorised to use the relevant trademarks, and also be
required in exchange to refer to the Apache OO effort. Development must take place within
Apache, but at the same time, there has to be room for supporting organisations, such as,
I'd say, Team OO

I should add: I am not a member of TOOo, though I know the members well and have worked with
them for 11 years. I also have proposed consulting for them and placing their nonprofit as
a vehicle for the promotion, support, services, and advancement of AOO. In short, to be friends
with Apache and to materially help with the new project--and it's ancien régime users, many
of whom are governments and the like.

Louis