incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: gnumake4 integration (was: Re: [Code] strategy for "child works spaces")
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 07:33:47 GMT
Hi Ariel,

Le 25 nov. 11 à 23:34, Ariel Constenla-Haile a écrit :

> Hi Pedro, *
>
> On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 01:59:38PM -0800, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>> Hi;
>>
>> It looks like the IP Clearance stuff is under control so I would
>> like to move completely to a development branch if you guys create
>> it.
>>
>> I also suspect the FreeBSD port will need adjustments for the new
>> gnumake stuff.
>
> I have finished building on Fedora 16 64 bits, and fixing some
> issues. I started building on WinXP (a VM, so it takes 5 hrs).
>
> I'm not sure if the gnumake4 integration should be moved to a
> feature branch.

Please use a feature branch : it is always possible to forgot some
parts, making the final set apparently working but unusable and the
end, and the problem difficult to track and being solved.

> It is highly probable that it won't introduce any regression on the
> core functionality,

Any important change needs some tests. This is one important change.

> IMO everybody will benefit from its integration in the trunk, so
> I'd vote for integrating this into trunk.

[.. cut ...]

> What do you guys think?

Used with zilllion of OpenOffice.org builds, on every OS, I have seen
a lot of issues, and replace dmake IMHO worth to create a branch and
verify nothing is wrong.

Anyway, I'll follow what people say.

Regards,
Eric