incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <rabas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:58:26 GMT
On Nov 24, 2011, at 5:13 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 24 Nov 2011, at 22:09, Rob Weir wrote:
>> We are working on a release. We are not facing an immediate graduation vote.
>
> I had gained the impression over the past half-year that the threshold for Apache to
permit a podling to make a release was the same as for graduation.  Is that perception incorrect?

Yes, among other distinctions the one we are discussing here.
Remember, release criteria concern the attributes of the release. It
is hard to imagine it otherwise.   Graduation requirements are a
superset of these and  additionally concern attribubutes of the
project and community.