incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [code] main/dmake
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 11:27:33 GMT
In order to graduate there can be no license incompatible code in SVN. The solution below is
ok only as an interim solution.

Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)

On 4 Nov 2011, at 15:38, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> our build tool dmake is licensed under GPL.
> Thus, it can not be part of our source releases.
> But, we can use it for building - as we are using the gcc compiler.
>
> Thus, I will move the dmake source folder from .../ooo/trunk/main/ to new folder .../ooo/buildtools/
in order to assure that everything under .../ooo/trunk/ can become part of our source release.

> In order to get our bootstrap process still working it needs some adaption:
> I am planning to introduce a configure option in order to provide manually the path to
the source folder of the build tool dmake - something like with-dmake=<$PATH to dmake folder>.
If this option is not used, the default path ../../buildtools/dmake/ - relative from folder
main - will be taken. The configure will then check, if this folder exists - the manual given
one or the default. The bootstrap process will then work with this path to create the build
tool dmake.