incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: Time for the ASF to send an Open Letter?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:39:13 GMT

On Nov 17, 2011, at 4:30 AM, Tim Williams wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:51 AM, Dave Fisher <> wrote:
>>> Based on the very little bit of information provided here on the Apache lists,
I can't see how your plans would possibly be approved by the ASF.
>>> Obviously, having more information about your plans, and being able to see your
work in the form of patches or commits to the AOO podling's Subversion tree would be a great
start to be able to do this kind of work.
>>> So my first suggestion is to start doing some of the actual coding work here,
on the ooo-dev@ list.  Then, work with the podling to show the PPMC that this is a good idea,
and deserves to proceed together with the excellent progress the PPMC is making on the 3.4
>>> Then, if the PPMC has a clear consensus to work with such an interim release
plan, we can discuss any trademark, legal, or press/messaging questions you might have.
>> What is difficult for me to understand is that both Stefan Taxhet and Martin Hollmichel
signed up as Initial
>> Committers to the Apache project, but have never signed an iCLA.
> What makes you think that?  See:

I looked but it seems my searches on that page failed last night.

Please excuse me on this. Stefan is properly connected to the project, but we've seen no email
from him until today. I'm not sure why Martin is not properly signed up.

> --tim

View raw message