incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Source Code Sponsor of OOo
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 02:13:42 GMT
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 20, 2011, at 7:19 PM, Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

> Note that the listed page is in no way associated with the ASF nor the AOO podling, and
as best I can tell is directly infringing on a number of registered trademarks of the ASF.
 I will be sending the admins of that website an email shortly demanding that that page and
similar fundraising pages are taken down, and that their attempts (as it seems from that page)
to create what I can only imagine would be called OpenOffice.org 3.4 cease, and immediately
start using a new, non-infringing name.

> At the ASF, our software is *always* free (as in no cost); the ASF will *never* charge
for either our source code our or project's software product releases.