incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW][Policy] Rewriting contributing.openoffice.org
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 02:59:31 GMT

On Nov 18, 2011, at 6:28 PM, Shane Curcuru wrote:

> Clarifying an important point again...
>
> On 2011-11-18 6:23 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
> ...snip...
>> I'd also also like for the fundraising to be clearly identified with
>> the project. Right now, we use SPI and—not sure if "still" is
>> relevant—Team OOo. (It probably is not; and probably a foundation or
>> more humble and simpler bank account possessed of a humanoid
>> treasurer, would be sufficient and even gooder.)
>
> Fundraising at the ASF is handled centrally, on behalf of all Apache projects.  And no,
neither SPI nor Team OOo are involved with fundraising for any Apache project; I'm working
to address that misconception shortly.  The only group at the ASF that does fundraising is
found on the fundraising@ privately archived mailing list, or on the main Donate/Sponsor pages:

>  http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
>
> Obviously all Apache projects link to the main fundraising pages, and the AOOo podling
is welcome to have it's own explanations of why it's important to donate to the ASF along
with a link to the donation page.

> It is an important to-do for the PPMC to remove any external donation buttons or direct
links from any of our websites, as well.

Alexandro has begun making the necessary changes in the ES site.

Regards,
Dave