incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WWW][Policy] Rewriting contributing.openoffice.org
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 05:34:55 GMT
Hi

(Nonsense words? iPad's spellchecker.)

-- Louis Suárez-Potts

On 2011-11-18, at 18:50, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Louis,  I was making a much narrower point, that if I were looking
> to donate cash to an open source project, I would not think to look
> under a link that read "I want to participate".  That was my only
> point.  I wasn't expressing an opinion on code versus other forms of
> participation

Of course, but I was using the misinterpretation as a springboard: I do not want to repeat
the old mistakes. The problem here was lack of clarity of identity and purpose. That's all
right, usually, but as we lacked for many years the wherewithal to work all the angles,  we
ended up  losing a lot. Hence my interest in focus.