incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Proposal for retirement of openoffice.org email forwarder
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 23:05:15 GMT

On Nov 28, 2011, at 1:49 AM, Simon Phipps wrote:

> On 22 Nov 2011, at 00:02, Dave Fisher wrote:
>

>> On Nov 21, 2011, at 9:41 AM, Simon Phipps wrote:
>>>
>>> Is Andrew also able to arrange for all the @openoffice.org addresses Oracle has
on record to receive a one-time termination-of-service e-mail sent to them pointing to the
blog post and wiki page? If he is able to arrange that, I suggest adding it to your step 1.

>> Andrew also indicated that there will no full blast from Oracle.
>
> Do you have a pointer to a message asserting that please, Dave? All I can find is a message
in October[1] asserting that the list won't be made available to Apache, not one stating that
Oracle itself refuses to send an e-mail informing users that the mail service is shutting
down.

My understanding was from a verbal conversation with Andrew and Don at Apachecon. You might
say it is hearsay, or inside information. You'll have to ask Andrew Rist how to characterize
the situation "officially."

> Thanks!

You're welcome! Although you will have to appreciate that I can't answer your question.

> S.
> (who is catching up with the Apache backlog)

I hope you caught a quick jet stream back to the UK.

Regards,
Dave