incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Trademark and Brand
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:56:19 GMT
Note: yes, you should explicitly email trademarks@ if you have a
specific brand question that needs a direct answer.  Thanks.

On 2011-11-29 8:58 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> In case it was not clear, we're waiting for a "go-ahead" from Shane
> before taking the rebranding to the next step, e.g. updating website,
> revising the logo, communicating the change, etc.

+1, Apache OpenOffice is the perfect name for the podling.

Have folks thought about a final logo yet?  (Note: that's not at all
required, I'm just curious - and am wondering how to make a smooth
looking logo including the "Apache" with the gulls)

> Also, one of the incubator graduation checklist items is:
>
> "Make sure that the requested project name does not already exist and
> check www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name is not already
> trademarked for an existing software product."

I have not seen any issue in similar TM searches.

- Shane

> It would be good to know whether this is something that Shane does as
> part of this approval project, or whether this is something we do.
> (And if we do it, then how do we get a login?).
>
> Finally, I've seen other podlings call for a vote on general.i.a.o for
> a podling name change, e.g., HMS to Ambari.  Is this required?
>
> -Rob
...snip...