incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: [Code] issue 118623: Update Rhino from 1.5R5 to 1.7R3
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:07:15 GMT

On 29.11.2011 13:08, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Andre Fischer<af@a-w-f.de>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I need advice regarding license headers.
>>
>> The upgrade of rhino to version 1.7 will integrate a file
>> (OfficeScriptInfo.java) that previously existed only in a patch that was
>> applied to version 1.5 source code before building.  This file still has the
>> old license.  The patch file itself is part of the SGA.
>>

> So the entire OfficeScriptInfo.java was included in a patch, and that
> patch was included in the SGA?  If that is true, then I believe we may
> update the license header in the source file.
>
> Think of it this way:  The SGA is what puts these files under ALv2.
> Updating the license header is how we document this fact, so it is
> clear to downstream consumers exactly what files are under ALv2.

Good, I was hoping for this answer.

And I have another question.  Can/should we download the source or even
the binaries (keep in mind that rhino is a Java library, so the binary
is a JAR file) directly from the mozilla servers or should we update the
rhino tar ball in ext_sources?

Regards,
Andre

> -Rob
>
>> My question is how to handle this file?  Change the license on my own? Ask
>> Andrew Rist to do it?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andre
>>

>> On 25.11.2011 15:44, Tsutomu Uchino wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Andre,

>>> Thank you for your work. I think I can do it in short time, my
>>> knowledge about the building process is not enough for the task.

>>> Regards,
>>> Tsutomu