incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: What about BrOffice?
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 22:54:47 GMT
Jomar Silva wrote:
> We had to use BrOffice as the product name because OpenOffice
> was a registered trademark in Brazil, and AFAIK Apache OpenOffice
> will not have problems here.

If I recall correctly, the issue about "OpenOffice" being a registered
trademark (by some entity different than OpenOffice.org/Oracle) in
Brazil had been solved in recent times, but the Brazilian community had
preferred to keep the "BrOffice" name since it was a stronger brand
(even though, apparently, they did get rid of the BrOffice name later).

So "Apache OpenOffice" should not be problematic, since even the mere
"OpenOffice" should be OK for Brazil now (provided I recall correctly
some discussions from last year).

Regards,
   Andrea.