incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2011 22:41:07 GMT
On 24/11/2011 Dave Fisher wrote:
> Yes and I would avoid doing anymore N-L projects.
>Since Khirano is willing to do a translation of the
> new main site. If Pedro and the other Italians and MArcus
> and the other Germans. Plus Alexandro and the Spanish are in
> Consensus to do translations of the new main (Am I missing
> any other "active" N-L projects?) then I am for removing all
> N-L now.

No, please don't! First of all let me congratulate with you for solving
most remaining bugs with the Italian site import, that the last time I
checked had no major display issues on the Apache infrastructure.

Coming to the removal of N-L sites, we do have content that is specific:
for example, I've just published a link on http://it.openoffice.org to a
new guide, in Italian, about how to use the DataPilot/Pivot Tables; this
was provided by an Italian public institution and its natural place
would be on the Italian N-L site rather than somewhere on the wiki.

So, even though an update (even a major update) of the Italian site and
of some other N-L sites is acceptable and, I'd say, badly needed, I
would still keep the possibility for the N-L sites to provide content
that is language-specific and not a translation of content from the
English site.

Regards,
   Andrea.