incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Could not create java implementation loader
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 13:57:18 GMT
On 11/25/11 2:50 PM, Bert Frees wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm sure this issue has been brought up before...
>
>  From what I've read on forums, A LOT of Java extensions can not be
> installed by some users because of the "Could not create Java
> implementation loader" error.
>
> The extension odt2braille I developed has this problem too, in Windows.
> The error seems to happen randomly, with all kinds of OOo/LO versions,
> Windows versions and Java versions. I've tried to understand what this
> error is about, but I'm completely groping in the dark. I can find a lot
> of suggestions on the web, but nobody really seems to know what causes
> this error.
>
> Until now, I've advised my users to try OpenOfficePortable or
> LibreOfficePortable if they get this error, because it has already been
> succesful a few times in my own experience. But apparently there are
> also cases where it doesn't help.

sorry, but I haven't noticed this problem very often. Only during
development time of an extension. I have several extensions developed
years ago and they still work.

It would be interesting to get more information

- which OOo version
- which windows version
- which Java version

and in which combinations the error occur.

Juergen