incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 10:30:33 GMT
On 11/24/11 6:12 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> 2011/11/24 Jürgen Schmidt<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>
>
>> On 11/23/11 5:55 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>
>>> +1...all good, and something we had discussed early on.
>>>
>>> However, as I work on porting legacy info over, I am wondering what to do
>>> about the more "developer" centered areas of the site: api, sc, sw,
>>> framework, external (? -- I need to look at this one), tools,porting, and
>>> many others that are not really "user centered". I will load these into
>>> the
>>> ooo-site tree, but at some point, someone on the "developer" side should
>>> really cull this out and move them to the "developer" side so we don't
>>> continually deal with these areas on the "user portal".
>>>

>> i also have thought about the api page and i would  like to support it in
>> the future as well. Because it provides some useful stuff for macro,
>> extension developers. But maybe in a simplified and reduced form.
>>
>> things i would i would like to keep
>>
>> - API reference
>> - C++/Java UNO Runtime reference
>> - search features into the different reference documentation as well as
>> the Developer's Guide
>> - links to the SDK
>> - link to the API wiki pages
>>
>> Most of the content will i move into the wiki as soon as possible.
>>
>> I would really like to work with you or somebody else who knows the Apache
>> framework better then i to rework the API page.
>> It would be really helpful if we can find an easy way to update the
>> generated reference docu without checking in thousands of files.
>>

> Jurgen--
>
> Everything form the old "api" site is available via --
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/api/
>
> just plain ole html...I don't think you should have any problems

ok thanks. One concern i had in the past and will have it now is that
the generated reference docu have to be checked in. I would prefer a
place where i simply could secure copy the generated files. But
important for the near future is of course that we have everything in
place, have it under our control and can work on future improvements.

Will come back to this later.

Juergen