incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 09:38:11 GMT
Hi Mathias,

On 24.11.2011 18:04, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> Just a dumb question: why do we think that the dicts are source code? At least those
without patches are distributed without any treatment. We just package them. So where is the
difference between an MPL library and an MPL .dic file? Just the extension and the encoding
of its content.

When we are just packaging them, then why not just provide the ready
made extensions and either bundle them or place them on the extension
repository. Which, by the way, already contains more spell-checking
extensions than the dictionaries module?

-Andre