incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianluca Turconi <pub...@letturefantastiche.com>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 08:07:01 GMT
Il 25/11/2011 9.00, Gianluca Turconi ha scritto:
> Indeed, .dic files are "munched" word list that are compressed according
> to the affixation rules included into the .aff files.
>
> So, thoungh .dic files are simple text files, they aren't "sources"
> because they are already "precompiled" files, especially when they are
> included as extensions.
>
> I think this was the main reason why Andrea Pescetti quoted the FSE
> answer about "mere aggregation" of GPLed dictionary.

BTW, I've forgot saying that there are *already* even proprietary
software that uses and distribute GPLed OOo dictionaries in their
binaries, i.e. EM mail client and EssentialPIM on the Windows platform.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: