incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianluca Turconi <pub...@letturefantastiche.com>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 08:00:10 GMT
Il 24/11/2011 23.53, Mathias Bauer ha scritto:
> It seems that you don't get the point. I just wanted to mention that the
> dictionary files we have in svn can be seen as and*end product*  and so
> probably(!) are comparable more with a binary file than with a source
> file.

Indeed, .dic files are "munched" word list that are compressed according
to the affixation rules included into the .aff files.

So, thoungh .dic files are simple text files, they aren't "sources"
because they are already "precompiled" files, especially when they are
included as extensions.

I think this was the main reason why Andrea Pescetti quoted the FSE
answer about "mere aggregation" of GPLed dictionary.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: