incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: UNO awt graphical design editor in NetBeans and Enhance NetBeans OpenOffice.org API plugin
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 06:20:14 GMT
Hi Gerardo,

On 11/25/11 4:28 AM, Gerardo Gómez wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> I had read from here:http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/API/To-Dos
> , it seems to be some ideas and because i'm interested in that subject i
> would like to know, what other ideas are about the GUI designer?.
>
> Another thing, the NetBeans Oo.org plugin only works in the version 6.8 (as
> the last one), and because i would like to participate in the GUI designer
> i was wandering if is it better to support the plugin development to
> support the new version of NetBeans or to work on the GUI Designer?.

of course making the plugin ready for the latest NB version would be of
course a very good idea. And the reason why we haven't done it so far is
simply the lack of time and other priorities.

The source code is part of the SGA and should be available soon. If you
are interested in helping on the plugin that would be great and i will
support where i can.

Related to the GUI designer i can say that there exists only the idea
and everything can be designed from scratch. The UNO awt provides only a
limited set of controls and of course the most missing feature is a good
and working layout manager. It sounds unbelievable but it is true, in
UNO awt dialogs you have to do the layout by yourself. You see there is
more work to do here to make it comfortable. An extended xml dialog
description would be probably necessary.

Anyway the idea was to provide a custom palette to provide the controls
that UNO awt supports. UNO awt dialogs are more or less xml descriptions
and we thought it should be possible to transform the Java/NB dialog
descriptions into the office xml format with quite reasonable effort.

Juergen