incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:59:54 GMT
Am 24.11.2011 22:43, schrieb Pedro Giffuni:

> That is exactly *your* point of confusion here. One
> of our mentors stated we cannot have infringing code
> in SVN at the time we graduate. (You had this pretty
> wrong with dmake which is GPL but it also applies to
> MPL). I really think you should add links to the mail
> archive in the Wiki, BTW.
>
> I don't see why you want to carry code that will not
> be in our code release but IP clearance is for
> everything in SVN.

As I see it the situation wrt. to MPL code in our svn repo is unclear. I
asked about that several times, but noone replied. So obviously noone
has the answer now.

I agree with you that keeping MPL code in our repo might be wrong. But
OTOH investing time into throwing it out now and discovering later on
that this wasn't necessary isn't a nice perspective either.

We don't plan to graduate tomorrow, so this leaves us time to check this
important point more carefully. In the meantime IMHO we don't create a
problem if we keep the MPL sources in svn for now and only make sure
that the process that creates a source release does not include them. We
still can remove them, for the time being we need to identify them and
think about possible alternatives.

Regards,
Mathias