incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:53:18 GMT
Am 24.11.2011 21:27, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:

> Simple point: Something is category B because someone with the
> authority to do so put a category B license on it.  It doesn't matter
> what it is or how wrong-headed they were to do that.
>
> More complicated: It is important to understand the principle behind
> how category B material is handled the way it is in binaries.  It is
> about not having users commit errors with regard to the licensing of
> some material and making it difficult to innocently violate the
> applicable license.
It seems that you don't get the point. I just wanted to mention that the
dictionary files we have in svn can be seen as and *end product* and so
probably(!) are comparable more with a binary file than with a source
file. This would leave the option that we even can ship them with a
source release. I don't say that this is a fact, I just wanted to point
out a possibility that is worth investigating.

Regards,
Mathias