incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [AOO 3.4 Test Plan Discussion]Overview
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 09:16:06 GMT
On 11/23/11 9:48 AM, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Am 23.11.11 08:58, schrieb xia zhao:
>> Hi all,
>> I think it's time for use to discuss and detail AOO 3.4 test plan now.
>> Basically at current time I suggest:
>>
>> 1. Leverage OpenOffice users on General Usage test
>> 2. Focus on establishing automation mechanism. Start from Build
>> Verification Testing(BVT in short).
>> 3. Focus on test infrastructure set up. Start from case management tool.
>> For 3.4, place the test cases on wiki and volunteer can do general
>> testing
>> against. If volunteer couldn't write cases, may give the test scope he
>> would do. For example, which component etc.
> Sorry, forget Testcases. OOo is simply to big to test it with testcase.
> Testcases make only sense, if you can cover a software with it. What
> would be more usfull is a weekly journal of the changes. So Intuitive
> tester know where they have to search the bugs.

i disagree here, having a base set of tests that we should run for every
release is important from my point view. I agree that it make sense to
focus on areas where we have made changes, especially when we take the
number of resources into account.

But anyway having test cases for at least the most important functions
and features is a good idea and helps other people to easy get started.

>> And then report defects in
>> Apache Bugzilla.
>> 4. Focus on Performance Verification Testing(PVT in short)
>> investigation, and setup benchmark PVT environment.
>> 5. Establish QA entry in AOO wiki https://cwiki.apache.org/
> why not use the original wiki http://wiki.services.openoffice.org wich

we have to clarify in general which wiki we want use in the future. I
think this question isn't really answered but we shoidl open a new
thread for this topic.

> is also at Apache now?
>> 6. Build private build before official build is ready
>> 7. Platform will be covered
>>

>> - Windows XP
>> - Win7 32bit/64bit
>> - Where we only have a 32bit windows version, it should run against
>> 62bit windows version.
>> - Redhat 6 32 bit/64 bit
>> - Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit/64 bit
>> - Mac 10.7
>> - Mac 10.6.x
> We build against the 10.4 SDK so we also cover
> -10.5
> -10.4
>> - FreeBSD 9.0/8.2 (9.0 is suppose to release at 12/07/2011?)
>> - OS2
> If sameone is realy willing to do a OS2 port but it have to be serios,
> else I propose to not support this official.

  We have seen patches for OS/2 and if somebody is working on it it's
fine. I think OS/2 won't be a blocker for us to release anything. I
think the important platforms for us are Windows, Linux and MacOS, correct?

Juergen