incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: [AOO 3.4 Test Plan Discussion]Overview
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:48:48 GMT
Am 23.11.11 08:58, schrieb xia zhao:
> Hi all,
> I think it's time for use to discuss and detail AOO 3.4 test plan now.
> Basically at current time I suggest:
>
>     1. Leverage OpenOffice users on General Usage test
>     2. Focus on establishing automation mechanism. Start from Build
>     Verification Testing(BVT in short).
>     3. Focus on test infrastructure set up. Start from case management tool.
>     For 3.4, place the test cases on wiki and volunteer can do general testing
>     against. If volunteer couldn't write cases, may give the test scope he
>     would do. For example, which component etc.
Sorry, forget Testcases. OOo is simply to big to test it with testcase.
Testcases make only sense, if you can cover a software with it. What
would be more usfull is a weekly journal of the changes. So Intuitive
tester know where they have to search the bugs.
> And then report defects in
>     Apache Bugzilla.
>     4. Focus on Performance Verification Testing(PVT in short)
>     investigation, and setup benchmark PVT environment.
>     5. Establish QA entry in AOO wiki https://cwiki.apache.org/
why not use the original wiki http://wiki.services.openoffice.org wich
is also at Apache now?
>     6. Build private build before official build is ready
>     7. Platform will be covered
>

>     - Windows XP
>     - Win7 32bit/64bit
>     - Where we only have a 32bit windows version, it should run against
>     62bit windows version.
>     - Redhat 6 32 bit/64 bit
>     - Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit/64 bit
>     - Mac 10.7
>     - Mac 10.6.x
We build against the 10.4 SDK so we also cover
-10.5
-10.4
>     - FreeBSD 9.0/8.2 (9.0 is suppose to release at 12/07/2011?)
>     - OS2
If sameone is realy willing to do a OS2 port but it have to be serios,
else I propose to not support this official.