incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [CODE]: 118605 remove epm?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:57:15 GMT
Hi,

i would like to gave a short update.

I stumbled over problems using a downloaded epm 4.2
(http://www.epmhome.org), build and install it on a Fedora 16 system
(rpm based).

The epm call failed to build the rpm packages. It seems that epm
triggers /bin/rpm with some parameters that are not accepted. I don't
understand why at the moment.

I expect also problems on other systems (e.g. FreeBSD, solaris, ...). To
move forward for now i plan to go back to use the version 3.7 of epm and
apply our patches.

The plan is to handle it similar to dmake and investigate to a later
time in more detail into the packaging process. I assume there is still
some room for improvements ones the process is understand completely.

But at the moment i would like to focus and to move forward with the IP
clearance. Means epm is only a build tool and not part of a binary
release or a source release.

The idea is to download the source directly from the homepage and apply
our patches and use it. Alternatively epm can be specified directly with
the configure switch -with-epm.

Any opinions or ideas. I highly appreciate any useful idea that help us
to move forward.

Juergen