incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Hollmichel <martin.hollmic...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: content of the about dialog box
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:00:26 GMT
On 11/21/11 4:00 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 21, 2011, at 8:36 AM, Martin Hollmichel<martin.hollmichel@googlemail.com>
 wrote:

>> On 11/18/11 2:14 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> just stumbled over the about dialog box.
>>>
>>> Besides the logo on top + the name, version and build info the text box below
contains

>>> ###
>>> Copyright © 2000, 2011 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
>>> This product was created by Oracle, based on OpenOffice.org.
>>> OpenOffice.org acknowledges all community members, especially those mentioned
at
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html.
>>> ###
>>>
>>> We have to find a new text for this box. Any ideas!
>> I just added for 3.3.1 version a trademark notice, I think this also should make
it in the 3.4 tree.

>> but I also wondered on how "OpenOffice.org acknowledges ..." is now the right term.
Should it now read as "Apache ack..." ? or "$(VENDOR) ack..." ?
>>> And we still have the feature that when you press ctrl-s-d-t the dialog content
start scrolling to list a long list of names who have contributed to this project ... I think
this was always very much appreciated and should keep it. Or does anything be against it or
prevent it for whatever reason?
>> In the past this was a duplication of work doing this for the about box plus the
website. From my experience you will forget every release some important names, so I'd suggest
to exchange tho long scrolling list to a link on the web,
> I think that the list of names cannot include the names of any individuals who paid any
amount of money to put their name on that list.
We are talking about code committer, I see no one talking about money
here ?

> Regards,
> Dave
Martin