incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Hollmichel <martin.hollmic...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: content of the about dialog box
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 14:36:43 GMT
On 11/18/11 2:14 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> just stumbled over the about dialog box.
>
> Besides the logo on top + the name, version and build info the text
> box below contains
>
> ###
> Copyright © 2000, 2011 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
> This product was created by Oracle, based on OpenOffice.org.
> OpenOffice.org acknowledges all community members, especially those
> mentioned at
>  http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html.
> ###
>
> We have to find a new text for this box. Any ideas!
I just added for 3.3.1 version a trademark notice, I think this also
should make it in the 3.4 tree.

but I also wondered on how "OpenOffice.org acknowledges ..." is now the
right term. Should it now read as "Apache ack..." ? or "$(VENDOR) ack..." ?

> And we still have the feature that when you press ctrl-s-d-t the
> dialog content start scrolling to list a long list of names who have
> contributed to this project ... I think this was always very much
> appreciated and should keep it. Or does anything be against it or
> prevent it for whatever reason?
In the past this was a duplication of work doing this for the about box
plus the website. From my experience you will forget every release some
important names, so I'd suggest to exchange tho long scrolling list to a
link on the web,

> Juergen
Martin