incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Re: [WWW][Policy] Participate! - Rewriting contributing.openoffice.org
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:56:06 GMT

On 2011-11-21 1:35 AM, eric b wrote:
> So why do you protect people like you do with Hagar Delest ?
>
> Refuse other people to know all the people working with them is exactly
> the beginning of such Monarchy : people are not equal in your system.

Because that's ASF policy in terms of accepting iCLAs and allowing
committers to have access.  It has nothing to do with Hagar.  It's also
not going to change.  It's also not going to allow or become a monarchy.

> Remember : I only ask that PPMC know the real name of everybody in the
> PPMC, nothing else. How can we trust people if we don't know who they are ?

"Get used to disappointment."

>> I also think it's pretty clear from the discussions here by the most
>> active PPMC members (in terms of actual commits, not mailing list
>> traffic) that this PPMC explicitly does not want to re-form any of the
>> structures from the previous OpenOffice.org project.
>

> I have perfectly understood, but you'll probably have to distrubute some
> roles too. This is urgent.

Why do you say that?  What roles besides sufficiently diverse PPMC
members and enough committers to work on the code base does the podling
need?

> In return, I got your sarcasms.

Apologies if my style was misinterpreted; I was not trying to be
sarcastic in my previous reply.  Just trying to point out the very real
differences between how Apache projects are run and how the previous
OpenOffice.org project was run.  Differences that will be enforced if
the project wishes to graduate to become a full Apache project.

- Shane